BYRON Bay surf-ski paddler Kurt Tutt,has won bronze at the World Surf Life Saving Titles in Victoria.
The titles, at Lorne Beach, were held in flat conditions. In an awesome series of results over the past few world titles, Tutt has now won two silvers and a bronze in the single ski. Eighteen-year-old fellow Byron Bay Surf Club member Jo Way made the final in the Open Women’s board and finished a creditable eighth. Brodie Moir also attended but missed out by one place on making the final.
Byron Bay’s surf lifesavers’ main training and competing focus is always NSW State and National Titles. They are hoping to take a full team to the coming major titles after having many of their top competitors unavailable for the last couple of local carnivals. The Open and under-19 gold medal-winning board relay team of Jo Way, Rique Sharman and Brodie Moir are hoping to defend their titles at the NSW Titles at Cronulla (March 10-13). The under-19 male ski paddlers are looking to again dominate after last year winning every event at the NSW Titles. Kane Battese, who won three gold medals last year, combines with Eddie Killingbeck (10 gold at this year’s Country Titles) and Pat Norton in the State and National title-holding ski relay team. Tutt and Dan McCabe will be looking for more open ski medals and Kristen Andrews will be defending her NSW Title in the under-17 beach sprint.
Byron Bay Surf Club, 02 6685 6253.
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow