LESS than a month remains for people to nominate a hard-working volunteer they know in NSW or the ACT for a NRMA Helping People Award.
NRMA President Wendy Machin said NRMA Helping People Award nominations for volunteers from a charity or not-for-profit organisation close on Friday 29 July.
“Communities can’t function without volunteers, so if you know a volunteer who deserves some recognition for the help they are giving don’t delay, nominate them now,” Ms Machin said.
“The four winners will receive a great Australian getaway for two and a $5,000 donation will be given to the charity they volunteer for.
“We have already received 280 nominations for some incredibly dedicated individuals who volunteer in their communities.
“The volunteers nominated come from all walks of life but they all have one thing in common – they’re caring with a desire to help.
“I can’t stress enough how important it is to recognise the efforts of these extraordinary people. Show a volunteer you know how much they are appreciated by nominating them today.”
Volunteers can be nominated until Friday 29 July 2011.
To nominate online visit www.mynrma.com.au/helpingpeopleawards or pick up a nomination form at your local NRMA Office, Travelodge Hotel or NRMA Holiday Park. Also visit NRMA’s Facebook page for more information and to see previous winner profiles.
source: Northern Star
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow