Belle Fitzgerald and Millie Caamano shoot a scene for Phoenix Rising at Elephant Rock, Currumbin.
BRUTAL murders by a cunning online predator have been taking place on the Gold Coast, all in the name of movie-making magic.
The murder scenes were staged as part of the shoot for the new feature-length thriller Phoenix Rising, with the film following the journey of a young mother who struggles to go on living after the tragic murder of her teenage daughter by a stalker.
For Gold Coast actress and the writer/producer of Phoenix Rising, Belle Fitzgerald, working on the project had been a particularly cathartic experience.
Ms Fitzgerald was the victim of a cyber-stalking incident three years ago while working as a nurse at a Gold Coast hospital.
The nurse-turned-actress believed she was sending pictures to a casting agency and later discovered a person had created a fake internet identity in order to trick her into sending him the images.
Ms Fitzgerald said she had drawn upon many previous experiences from her time as a children’s nurse and other people’s experiences when it came to creating the script and sliding into the shoes of the film’s tragic main character.
“After having my own experiences with stalkers I was in a dark place and I drew on that, but it is a fictional story and there are many elements to it,” Ms Fitzgerald said.
“It’s my first feature film and I knew what I wanted the filming process to feel like. I wanted it to feel like a family and that’s exactly what it has been.”
The movie is being produced by Vertical Realm Productions, a production company owned and operated by Ms Fitzgerald and her husband Shannon.
The charity-minded duo is not only set on achieving cinematic success, but is ensuring that other cyber-stalking victims are given support.
“In accordance with Vertical Realm’s mission statement a portion of profits will be donated to The Carly Ryan Foundation to support and encourage their continued education of children about cyber safety, and ACT for Kids for their continued work supporting and rehabilitating children from abusive situations,” Ms Fitzgerald said.
Filming began in August and the movie is set for release next year.
“We are looking to screen in cinemas across Australia and then enter it into international film festivals as a step towards gaining international distribution,” Ms Fitzgerald said.
source: Tweed Daily News
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow