Schoolies is less than 6 weeks away now. 10,000 school leavers from all around Australia are coming to Byron to celebrate the end of Year 12. This year the Byron Schoolies Safety Response is offering free training to any volunteers who sign up before the end of October. These are certificate courses in Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) and Senior First Aid. The first 2-day YMHFA training will take place on October 31 and November 7 at the YAC.
There will be a sign-on night and reunion at the Owl & Pussycat on October 24 from 6-8pm. This will be a chance for new volunteers to get together with past volunteers and sign up for this years HUB. There will be a slide-show presentation and film of previous years and the members of the Byron Schoolies Safety Response Working Group will be there to answer any questions.
The Schoolies HUB Coordinator, Nicqui Yazdi said “Anyone can become a volunteer, it’s a really rewarding thing to do, helping to take care of our community and also the young visitors while they are here. We want them to enjoy their holiday in Byron and lots of happy locals in the HUB helps to make their stay a memorable one.”
The HUB will be open 24/7 for the 18 days of School Leavers Celebrations from the 18th of November until the 5th of December. Volunteers will be rostered on for shifts of 4 hours around the clock. This year the aim is to find 100 local volunteers who would like to give some of their time to the HUB.
Registration forms must be filled in, including a Working With Children Check/Volunteers Declaration Form and can be collected from the Byron Youth Service offices in the Youth Activities Centre (YAC) 1 Gilmore Crescent.
For those on facebook, join the page ‘Byron Schoolies Safety Response’ https://www.facebook.com/byronschoolies
For more information contact Schoolies HUB Coordinator, Nicqui Yazdi on 0402013177 or email email@example.com
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Having Fun With Your Children in Byron Bay
- A Guide to Booking Accommodation in Australia
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah