“I did not have sexual relations with that woman, and the car was not stolen”
Reindeer Run Amok at the North Pole
North Pole lawyers were busy this week at the Elf County Courthouse, trying to arrange bail and some time sensitive freedom for Dasher, Blitzen and Vixen, three of Santa’s primary reindeer team. Judge Judy Friesfrost denied an early release based on the severity of charges facing the reindeer, choosing to delay arraignment until after the holidays. Reports from the North Pole workshop indicate that Santa may have to postpone gift delivery until his reindeer are released.
Facing repeat offender changes this year, all three reindeer had been incarcerated last year on a variety of charges ranging from drunk and disorderly to prostitution. “They are really just good North Pole residents, a little wound up and high strung before the big night flight”, says reindeer chief lawyer and workshop elf, Johnny Cochran-Twizzle. “They were just blowing off some steam, that’s all. If the hoofs don’t fit, you must acquit”.
Elf County prosecutors were not amused, and sought to permanently ground the three reindeer team members. “Running around town like they own the place,boosting cars, public drunkenness, they are a disgrace to the North Pole”, says county prosecutor Wint R. Warlock. The charges leveled against the reindeer appear to reflect Warlock’s commitment to cleaning up reindeer crime. Dasher was charged with two counts of automobile theft and joy riding, Blitzen was reportedly caught with enough magic dust to warrant a trafficking charge, and Vixen reportedly engaged in numerous counts of prostitution.
Vixen, long thought to be an oddly named male reindeer is the only female member of Santa’s team. On her way to jail, Vixen snickered and then declared for the cameras, “So what if a girl likes to go into town and blow a few bucks. Is that so wrong?”
There was no word from the North Pole Aviation Administration if Santa intends to alter his flight plan or if he may still attempt the night flight with a new team leading his sleigh. NPAA spokes-elf, Jimmy Sparkle says, “We’ve never missed a single Christmas Eve, I’m sure the fat man will figure something out. Though, I will miss having Vixen around during our breaks from the tower”.
More North Pole news as we get it…
Source: The Spoof!
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow