Byron High Year 10 Vocational Learning Program Students Seek Work Placements
21 students enrolled in the Year 10 Vocational Learning Program (VLP) at Byron High School, are seeking local businesses willing to engage them on work placements for a period of up to 8 weeks at a time. These work placements will commence during March and students will be required to attend the work placements each Friday.
These students have a wide variety of requests for experience in industries from building through to hairdressing. Businesses involved would be required to provide the students with employment related workplace skills and an understanding of the work environment. The VLP students are between 15 and 16 years of age.
Vocational Learning prepares students with the skills they require to participate in life, education and work beyond the school environment. The aim of the program is to give students ‘real-life’ challenges in problem-solving, futures planning and teach them critical skills, techniques and procedures for learning, work and life.
The Vocational Learning Program students will be exposed to an array of experiences within and outside of the classroom. These will include guest speakers, excursions, careers counselling, work experience, industry visits, mentoring, team projects, research projects, personal development programs, physical activities, community based learning and service learning. They will also be engaged in obtaining industry certificates throughout the year, including Barista Courses and First Aid Training.
BUDDI Team Leader Nicqui Yazdi, who is engaged as a Mentor for the VLP students said “This is such an exciting opportunity for these young students. They are a great bunch of young people and all really looking forward to getting into their work-placements. For the businesses, it will be wonderful project for them, in providing real skills to these young people in order to help them gain a better understanding of the various types of career paths that will be available to them in the future.”
Businesses wishing to be involved in work-placements for the VLP students can contact Nicqui Yazdi on 0402013177 or email email@example.com for more information.
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Having Fun With Your Children in Byron Bay
- A Guide to Booking Accommodation in Australia
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah