“VOLUNTEER AND BE A STAR”
BYRON BAY COMMUNITY CENTRE
‘Connection to the community makes you feel good, useful and wanted’.
Byron Bay at the heart of the Shire is filled with many different people who volunteer to make the community a wonderful place to work and play.
On March 15th 2012, the Byron Community Centre is hosting the second Byron Shire Volunteer Expo. An exciting community celebration showcasing organisations in the shire that rely on volunteers as part of their workforce.Volunteer contributions keep the community vibrant and alive. The Byron Shire has an amazing diversity of organisations that need volunteers - from art projects to theatre, landcare, music performances and community events. The Expo will showcase these organisations and provide an opportunity to recruit more volunteers. Volunteering offers various ways to gain skills, experience, and to meet lots of people in different jobs.
The Community Centre will be alive with laughter and joy as we celebrate the wonderful work that volunteers do for the community. Everyone is invited to come in and wander through the stalls, you never know, you just might find something that captures your interest, inspiring you to become a volunteer! The expo will also incorporate the launch of the new “It’s a guy thing” program, which aims to encourage more young men to volunteer and engage in the community.
Doors open to the public at 11am, come on in and meet your neighbours.
Date: MARCH 15 2012 11am – 4pm
source: Byron Community Centre
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow