The Lismore Blisstas in 2011.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN THE SAMBA BLISSTAS? THEN HERE’S YOUR CHANCE!
Hugely popular Northern Rivers percussion band, the Samba Blisstas are recruiting new members across the Northern Rivers through a series of ‘Carnival Drumming & Percussion’ workshops and courses in Bangalow, Kingscliff and Ballina. There are now three versions of the Blisstas across the North Coast, due to their ever increasing popularity! The Ballina Blisstas at Ballina, Samba Blisstas at Bangalow and the King Blisstas at Kingscliff.
The ‘Blisstas’ are running four-week courses across the North Coast as part of their 2012 recruitment drive. Courses will be held on Tuesdays in Bangalow at the Bangalow Pavilion Hall (starting May 1, 6pm to 8pm), Wednesdays at the Kingscliff Community Hall (starting May 2, 6.30am to 8pm) and Thursdays at the Ballina Masonic Hall (starting May 3, 7pm to 8.30pm). Participants at these courses will form the 2012 intake for the three ‘Blisstas’ bands. However others wishing to attend regular drumming sessions are still able to at a cost of $20 per session, even without having attended one of their courses.
The full fee for the four week ‘Carnival Drumming & Percussion Courses’ is $180 and all gear is supplied. Or go to their website at http://www.carnavaldrumming.com/courses.html
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow