David Spiteri will be at the Bangalow Hotel in Bangalow on Saturday the 31st March for a Book Launch and Signing of ‘The Prez’. This is your chance to meet the author and have your own copy of ‘The Prez’ signed.
The Prez is a true account of the birth of the outlaw motorcycle clubs in Australia. Names have had to be changed and identities and events obscured. This is the only way the story could be told.
Author David Spiteri says of the book ′This story is a true account of the birth of outlaw motorcycle clubs in Australia. There was no template for us, it just evolved. It shows our simple creed: loyalty to the club and respect for your brothers.′
David Spiteri was a founding member and long-time President of one of Australia′s first outlaw motorcycle clubs from its inception in the early 1960s through to the early 2000s. He has been uniquely placed to witness the clubs develop from loose affiliations of riders to the well structured and well connected groups we see today, with links to police, politicians and lawyers. In this never-before-told inside story, Spiteri puts himself at risk to reveal everything from the drug trafficking which funds the clubs′ operations to the extreme violence that continues to make them infamous. For the first time, the true extent of the clubs′ corruption will be exposed, and the treachery and subsequent retribution enforced by their own brand of law known as ′the code′ is brought to light. A truly shocking and compelling look at a fascinating subculture.
About the author:
David Spiteri was a founding member and President of one of Australia′s first biker gangs. He is ‘retired’ from the club now. He saw outlaw motorcycle clubs (OMCs) develop from loose affiliations of like-minded riders to the well structured and well connected groups we see today, with links to police, politicians and lawyers. David lives in Rosebank, Northern NSW.
The Prez was officially released by Harper Collins Publishers Australia on March 3rd and is available through all good book stores and on-line book sellers. ISBN10: 1743095066
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Having Fun With Your Children in Byron Bay
- A Guide to Booking Accommodation in Australia
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah