Byron Bay’s YACROCKCAFE @ the YAC are celebrating Youth Week with a massive free party for local youth on the 20th of April.
The YACROCKCAFE kicked off back in March with a HUGE party. The Youth Week Party is looking at being even better! MC for the night is Byron’s very own Dancin’ Man Thomas Franklin. Young performers booked to play the party include Gabe & Cecilia Brandolini, Reilly Fitzalan, Vanessa & Arna Rogers, Ben Meek & the Paper Navigators, Chelsea June & Zep Hamilton and Loki Hough & Elliott Cooper Brain. YACROCKCAFE Coordinator Nicqui Yazdi said “All of these young musicians are incredibly talented and most of them have just played at the BluesFest. Gabe Brandolini is now living in Melbourne, so having him home to do this special Youth Week gig with his sister Cecilia, is quite a treat too!” Gabe and Cecilia released their first album last year entitled “Close your mouth to speak”.
From 5-7pm there will be twilight acoustic performances under the YAC Awning then from 7-10pm the bands will take to the YAC stage.
The YACROCKCAFE is a free weekly music-based drop-in program for high school aged young people on Friday nights at the Byron Youth Activities Centre. The YACROCKCAFE is open every Friday night from 5pm til 10pm. Music teachers and mentors are available most weeks from 5-7pm, followed by jam sessions performance opportunities for young bands and musicians on the YAC stage from 7-10pm.
YACROCKCAFE Coordinator, Nicqui Yazdi said “These nights are about giving young people a young-adult-style of entertainment and socialising and encouraging them to get into music and performance.”
The YACROCKCAFE are looking for local young musicians and bands of all styles of music, who would like an opportunity to come and perform on the stage each Friday night.
They are also looking for music teachers, mentors and volunteers who would like to donate a few hours every now and then to help make these nights happen. All volunteers will undergo a Working With Childrens’ Check through Byron Youth Service.
For more information on the YACROCKCAFE, or to register to become a volunteer please contact Nicqui Yazdi on 0402013177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Byron Youth Service can be contacted on 6685 7777.
The YAC is a drug and alcohol-free youth space, managed by Byron Youth Service. The YACROCKCAFE project is managed by BUDDI-CDAT in partnership with Byron Youth Service. BUDDI – (Byron Underage Drinking & Drug Initiative – Community Drug Action Team).
The YAC is located at 1 Gilmore Crescent in Byron Bay.
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow