‘Stukelele’ aka Stu Eadie from ‘Uke Mullum’ and Steiner music teacher Tom Whitaker will be bringing a special free ukulele workshop to the YACROCKCAFE, followed by a whole night of funky young uke players taking to the stage!
Ilona Harker is coming to play some tunes too!!!
Cecilia Brandolini is also on the night’s line-up, fresh from taking off third place in the Tweed Battle of the Bands with her brother Gabe. Cecilia will be joined by her sisters Bridget and Monica, who also all performed in the Bluesfest Groms Buskers Comp this year and at the Bluesfest itself.
Alexandra Dickson Matilda Dods, Leila Karni, Leah Garnett-Carol, Maya Duel, Giri, Billy, Lali Gill and more! are on the line-up too!!
More artists to be announced! And there is open mic too!
You can bring your own ukulele along for this night or you can use one of the YAC’s and you’ll actually get to learn how to play a song or two. The chords for the songs will be projected up onto a wall of the YAC and Stu will do a bit of a group lesson.
This is a drug and alcohol free night… for high school aged young people.
The YACROCKCAFE is at the YAC, 1 Gilmore Crescent, Byron Bay.
The YACROCKCAFE is a music cafe for high school aged young people, at the Byron Youth Activities Centre. Open every Friday night, music teachers and mentors are available in the Loud Room from 5-7pm most Fridays, followed by jam sessions and performance opportunities for young bands and musicians on the YAC stage from 7-10pm… There are also special gig nights with special guest artists…
The YACROCKCAFE is a Byron Youth Service and BUDDI project.
BUDDI is the Byron Underage Drinking & Drug Initiative Community Drug Action Team.
The YAC is managed by Byron Youth Service.
For more information you can contact Nicqui Yazdi on 0402013177 or BYS on 66857777
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- What NOT to Miss on an Australian Cruise
- What You Need for a Campervan Holiday in Byron Bay
- Bargains Galore at Brunswick Old & Gold this Saturday
- Having Fun With Your Children in Byron Bay
- A Guide to Booking Accommodation in Australia
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative