Next week is NAIDOC Week and there are a lot of events happening in Byron to celebrate.
MONDAY 2nd July –
Flag Raising Ceremony at the Byron Shire Council Chambers, Stations Street, Mullumbimby, with the Bigal Nali Dancers at 10am
TUESDAY 3rd July-
FAMILY FUN DAY – Mullumbimby Neightbourhood Centre from 11am -2pm~ Indingenous Arts Exhibition Opening; Dancers; Yarning Circle; Kids Activities; Art Workshops; Craft; BBQ and more…
WEDNESDAY 4th July –
ARAKAL WEBSITE LAUNCH – 4-5pm – Byron Cultural & Community Centre
FILM SCREENING – 6.30-8pm – Byron Cultural & Community Centre- $8/$6 conc. – Arakwal documentary “Walking With My Sisters” & premiere of experpt from new film “Back to Country” in celebration of 20 years of Mabo.
THURSDAY 5th July – ARAKWAL CELEBRATION DAY from 10am – 2pm – March from Railway Park 10am to Main Beach Park Byron for celebrations until 2pm.
Come along and join the Bundjalung of Byron Bay (Arakwal) people and the community for NAIDOC Celebrations. Join together to recognise the valuable contributions of Aboriginal people in our community. Bring along didgeridoos, clap sticks and other musical instruments. Enjoy Aboriginal Dancers, music performances, free BBQ, kids activities and more!
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow