Award winning documentary I AM ELEVEN is coming to Byron Bay!
Come to the special ‘Meet the filmmaker’ screenings and Q&A sessions this Sunday July 22 at 3.30pm and 6pm Pighouse Flicks 1 Skinners Shoot Road, Byron Bay.
Ticketing times and information click here or call (02) 6685 5828.
Please note this film has been selling out all over Australia so we suggest you purchase tickets early to avoid disappointment. The cinema has limited seating.
The film will play select sessions over the coming week so check the Pighouse Flicks website for details
Or visit www.iameleven.com for more details and the trailer!
Australian filmmaker Genevieve Bailey set off around the world to produce this documentary feature film and online project.
I AM ELEVEN is a life-affirming global portrait of humanity at a crucial age – no longer children, not quite adults, preparing to inherit a world changing as quickly and dramatically as they are. This documentary focuses on a series of eleven-year-olds from 15 countries, each speaking in their own words and revealing the private obsessions and public concerns that animate their lives. It is simultaneously an epic survey of the similarities and distinctions between cultures and an intimate account of these young personalities finding their way in the world today.
Eleven-year-olds share, in different languages their thoughts on a range of subjects issues such as love, war, global warming, music, terrorism, culture, family, happiness, religion and the future. Each of their situations allows a single glimpse into a young mind, and combine to provide a powerful insight into the future of our world. As straight up and personal as the ‘7 Up Series’, and with the comedy and honesty of ‘Spellbound’, this documentary enables us to explore an age where these ‘not quite kids, not quite teenagers’ briefly linger, between the frank openness and sometimes naivety of childhood, and the sharp and surprisingly brave wisdom and knowing of adulthood. As much as it is a story about them, it is a story with them, of what it is like to be eleven today. This documentary and www.iameleven.com presents strikingly personal portrayals of a generation exploring their take on personal and global issues.
Invite someone you knew when you were 11, invite 11 friends or ask someone on a date!
See you at the movies!
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow