A festival that promises to bring out the kid in all of us is fast approaching – the Brunswick Heads Kites and Bikes Festival.
In its fifth year, the popular festival is continuing to grow, with up to 6,000 people expected to attend on Sunday, November 5, according to ABC North Coast .
For kite lovers, this festival is a winner, with some of the world’s biggest kites set to make an appearance, including Romeo, a whopping 27 metre octopus kite. Now that has to be seen!
And for bike lovers, the bike program has doubled in size from last year and riders are invited to take part in a number of longer rides.
There will be an attempt to set a record for the most kites flown on the beach at Brunswick Heads at one time.
The target is to exceed last year’s official record of 118 kites in the air.
The day is packed full of visual treats, kite-making and bike-maintenance workshops, rides, kite displays, decorated bike parade, stalls, food, live entertainment and loads more activities.
For more information on the event, including a program guide, click HERE.
And if you don’t have a kite, click HERE for instructions on how to make your own kite!
Byron Bay Recent News Articles
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 20th Anniversary May 4 & 5
- Byron Schoolies HUB has funding removed by Byron Council
- Useful Information When Travelling to the South Pacific
- Youth Week Youth Forum - Thursday night at the YAC - "Things are getting dire * have your say about the Shire"
- BOOMERANG Festival for Byron in October 2013
- Fusing Work and Play on Your Business Travel
- The Bay Rollers 'Skate Of Origin' in Byron Tonight
- Harmony Day in Byron Bay Today
- Byron Bay International Film Festival Opens this Friday
- Movie Under The Plastic Stars - at the YAC today
- The Politics Of Pleasure - a new book by former Byron man Mark Russell
- V Day in Byron Bay - One Billion Rising - Feb 14
- Flickerfest continues today and tomorrow - program
- Public Forum in Byron Tonight - get along and have your say
- Byron Arts Classic Opening Tonight at Community Centre
- Which Way Festival this Sat at Byron YAC - 20 Bands in 12 hours!
- Two Fireworks Displays for New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
- Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Byron Bay
- Paul Simon and Rufus Wainwright to play 2013 BluesFest
- Cringe The Binge Kicks Off With Hardcore Party at YACROCKCAFE Tonight
- AMA URGES YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SAFE AT SCHOOLIES
- Cringe The Binge For The National Weekend Of Action & Help Youth
- Third Artist Announcement Bluesfest 2013- It’s A Bluesfest Dream Come True
- Byron Filmmaker David Bradbury Arrested Investigating Indian Nuclear Sector
- Cringe The Binge National Weekend of Action - Byron Youth Service Initiative
- Reclaim The Night Events For Young Women In Byron Bay
- Sunday is Byron Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Rock The Gate Against CSG Today In Murwillumbah
- Bunjala Day at Kulchajam in Byron Today
- Sample Food Festival Today In Bangalow